Wednesday, December 27, 2006

South Island | 29th June 2006

Inspired and amazed by Sher Mayne who actually finish documenting her entire trip down south somewhere in July this year, I wanna follow her footsteps too. Bare with me...this is more for my own reading. When I'm old, I wanna be able to read back all the good times I've been through! I can't really remember the details but I'll let the photos tell my story.

28th June 2006

29th June 2006

As far as I can recall now, I woke up to a cold cold morning. We were supposed to meet Wei En, Zaf, Yin, Yet Tyng, Edwin, Sher Mayne and Ying Swan at iSite. The morning are not just cold. It was freezing. Imagine pee-ing and you can see vapour. -_-". Cold or not?


As we reached iSite, we saw some familiar faces already turned up. It was Sher Mayne, Ying Swan and Wee Chin. We spent some time hanging out at the place to book and decide on where and what to do for the next day in the beautiful city of Dunedin.

The gang looking for some food in the rainy weather

After much discussion and indecisiveness to plan on what to do next, we finally booked ourselves to go on the Cadbury Chocolate Factory Tour and the Speight's Brewery Tour! As for now, we needed to fill our tummy with food as we headed to the nearest food court which was the Meridian? I think so..

David was hungry for something else..

As the weather wasn't great on that day, Yet Tyng, our official tour guide brought us around on a tour to the Otago University. The university is huge and it is really beautiful. The buildings are old but still very well preserved. Here are some pictures to tell the rest of the tour:

Wannabe medic students...

Otago Uni..clock tower? I don't know...dont look at me..

Always time for a group picture! Still in Otago Uni..isn't it pretty?

The uni was so huge, we needed to take breaks..

David, Ying Swan, Yin & Shermayne. Weather wasn't too nice on us..

It got worst till I need to hang on to the rail....I was just exaggerating

I never knew David likes this kinda kinky stuff...who am I to judge right?

Anyway after our lovely tour around the uni, we explored the city instead. I must say Dunedin is a really nice city. It is so European like..and for the first time I'm in NZ I feel so much like a tourist because there are more white people around compared to Auckland.

Dunedin

After a long day of walking in the rain, we headed back to the backpackers where Shermayne, Ying Swan and Wee Chin stayed. We played some card games and kill some time till dinner as we were meeting the OMSA committee. They were very kind to meet up with us and bring us to dinner.

Dinner with OMSA Committee, and this is how David thanked them...

After the dinner we walked back to where we stayed, while the girls got a lift from Marie. We got a glimpse of the nightlife in Dunedin and it is pretty, pretty I must say. That was all for that day as far as I can remember...till then..

3 Comments:

At 27/12/06 3:17 PM , Blogger Jasemaine said...

lengchai.. can see vapour when you pee?? Wahh.. that's freakin cold.. make sure it doesn't freeze that's all. Hey I come and visit you next year? I really want to go travel abit la.. :(

 
At 28/12/06 1:15 AM , Blogger Darren said...

haha it is too hot to freeze hehe..

hey if u coming next year please do come! i can tell u around wat time u should come ... so i got off and i can bring u around....=) why sad face ? wat lar u !

 
At 28/12/06 4:26 AM , Blogger Sher Mayne said...

master inspired by student...wahhh...not bad not bad...hehehehe...

so how many more days to go ar with ur dunedin trip? every 5 months one entry on it ar? that will take erm.... i dno... many many years!! hahaha!!! no larr... i'm sure u can get it done.. u can do it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home