Sunday, August 20, 2006

Too busy, Too Tired, Soon Too Sick..


Look it is already Sunday and I still havent checked my mail..piling up already..

Union of Malaysian Students in Auckland(UMSA) is having their annual ball this Sunday and the preparations are taking up most of my time. I'm involved in the skit, video and some music. This weekend was a little quieter but I still manage to squeeze the most out of it.

Despite having skit practices on Friday right after work, I went to Jet's birthday at some club. The theme of the night was the 80's. It was pretty fun to finally catch up with the people I used to hang out while I was staying in Wellesley Student Apartments. You know lar....I work 5 days like that ...can't seem to find the time...damn... I always come out with all these excuses only. Must change, must change. *note to myself*

Anyway ..after spending like 2hours there, I headed home as I was dead tired! As it was a Friday night, I didn't want to just go to bed so early, so I decided to go online and chit chat abit..hehehe. Then at around 2 am I got this msg from Mag. She asked whether I was sleeping or not. I said not yet when I was practically falling asleep on my chair yet again. She was in town and then she said wanna hang out or not. As it is a friday night and I'm so stubborn to just go to bed and get some rest, I said yes! So we just hang out and chit chat. We even went and get coffee and met Jo, Ferren, Daniel & Carmen.

The night or rather the day did not end there as we chit chatted until like 7 am...padan muka for me for not wanting to sleep early. Mag left for home but something happened. As she was driving home, she patah balik twice back to my place because her contacts fell off and she couldn't drive home. She has work at 9am somemore. So I drove her back all the way to her house which is situated in Henderson("new parnell" that is what she says) Grabbed her glasses and she drove me back to the city. After so much talking, travelling and exhaustion, we even decided to grab breakfast at McD.

After eating breakfast she headed home and I dive right into bed. That was like 9am. At 11.15am, I woke up and headed straight out for the video shoot for the ball skit with Daniel, David, Jasmine in Albert park. We spent about 2 hours shooting the video and then headed back home. There was so many stares as we were shooting in the park. Occassionaly I tend to space out and lose my thoughts due to sleepiness and tiredness. Right after the shoot, we decided to go for soccer as the weather was not going to rain and it was not cold.

Haven't had so much fun playing soccer for a long long time. I don't mean that I usually don't have fun. But today was extra fun. Small group today but it was fun definately. Headed back home after 2 hours of soccer. Got back, shower, and KO straight away. I was so tired that I didn't want to get out of bed. I wanted to sleep till the next morning. But I couldn't as I offered to help paint the props for the skit at David's place. Finished all the painting at around 1am, went home, did some of the editing for the video we shot on Saturday and went to bed like 4 am as I was again falling asleep in front of the computer. The only thing that was keeping me awake was Zaf's msn msgs...lol...

The result of not enough rest is that when I woke up this morning, I have a terrible sore throat. It really sucks to be getting sick now. As I know when I get sore throat, I will then get cough/flu and then hopefully not, fever. But being the playful, stubborn me that cannot turn down the offer to play and have fun..woke up at 11am and went for soccer at YMCA with Danielx2, Josh, Danny, Jeremy, Mitch and Wei Bian. The game was pretty fun as well as we had something to fight for. Before we kicked off the game, we made a bet. The losers will buy drinks for the winners. Guess which team won? OF course my team ! LOL....we played until the score was like 20 - 16. Remember....after like 2 hours. Crazy! Me and Daniel rushed to Wellesley for another skit practice with the whole committee.

So...that's about it from me now. As I am feeling so tired now, but I can't sleep yet cause I haven't had dinner and I need to work on the video. The ball is like 6 days away!!! Apologize for the long long entry.

Before I go, I wanna say go listen to this song. Baz Lurhman - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen). I am sure that you have heard of this song before but I never knew the lyrics are so encouraging and so nice. It is like advices on life. How to live life and be a good person. Don't worry so much and make the most of it. So motivating, positive and so encouraging!

Okay okay...I am making you bored already. Apologize again for the super long entry...=P

9 Comments:

At 20/8/06 11:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

woww! long entry also have to apologize? what lar u... ha-ha!

nice song btw...really good and inspiring...never heard of it before till now. thanks!

 
At 21/8/06 12:35 AM , Blogger Darren said...

hehhehe ...erm...i didnt apologize..did I?

hehehe ...the song alot of years ago already..but it is very cool..like a wise man talking heheh

 
At 22/8/06 12:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuyo.happening habis ur weekend...

what did u wear for the 80s party? please tell me u dressed d part as u did in another party. ehem.

toodles!!!

 
At 22/8/06 2:03 AM , Blogger Ying Swan said...

wah u also can talk alot ar for a guy. LOL..

hey u guys had McD? me n shermayne had McD 4 breakfast too! which mcD did u all go to?

 
At 22/8/06 8:36 AM , Blogger Darren said...

hahaha jas..my body is falling sick already...but yesterday i went to bed like 10pm...

I didnt dress up lar zara....i didnt even go back after work ..=)
biasa lar happening punya..u tahu kan, kan?

eh...swan dont tease me! we went to the mcd in town lor...at around 810 - 830 maybe?

 
At 22/8/06 12:06 PM , Blogger Genial said...

I like that song too! And I wanted to get it for a looooooooongg time...finally, got the title and the singer,weee! Thanks :)

 
At 22/8/06 1:52 PM , Blogger Darren said...

hehe welcome! ask me lar next time!

 
At 22/8/06 7:55 PM , Blogger Ying Swan said...

hmm.. i think we went around dat time too! but maybe u all left d lah when we arrived. lol..

 
At 22/8/06 8:16 PM , Blogger Darren said...

cause we ta pau thats why ..we ate in her car...lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home