Thursday, August 24, 2006

Loved Ones

It's already 5 years now. It's pretty fast how time flies huh...I was just reading Julia's and Ad's blog.

Been 5 years since their dad past away. Didn't realized it was that long already. I knew this fellas since way back in Standard 4 and we have been close friends ever since. I remember we used to have so many sleep-overs at their house together with Chong as well. In fact I will be surprise if someone in our group of friends have never ever overnight at their house. It is impossible. Their house is like so near to school. It became like the headquaters for all of us. Parties, meetings, chillin out and just about anything and everything.

Besides the point, I hardly know uncle. From what I see and remember, he was a kind and gentle man. A good father and a husband, I must say. I never see him got angry at Chris, Ad or Julia before. Eventhough I stay so freaking often at their place. Come to think of it...I no home to go back too ar? Paiseh man...I remember that he mentioned to Ad and Chris that I remind him of mighty mouse. I don't know why but it's something I can clearly remember. Sighh...

As time goes by, I've been to a few more funerals of my friend's parents. It is really sad. I do not know how can they be so strong. If I were in their shoes, I would just break down. Sigh... anyhows it is really sad when your loved one past away. It is something that I do not wish upon others or to myself. I am glad and thankful that my parents are still around with me. If I can, I never want them to go away. But I guess it is just part of growing up, it's just life. Sooner or later the day will come for me and you. Remember our parents are getting older and they won't be here forever.

Till that day, cherish them, treat them well, get to know them better and tell them how much you appreciate and love them. Before it's too late, my friend.

I wanna go home now...*cries*

*apologies if i offend/upset anyone*

6 Comments:

At 24/8/06 4:15 PM , Blogger redphayze said...

awww

*hugs*

but, you're right darren...too often people get taken for granted and we only appreciate and love them when they're not there to receive it...

 
At 24/8/06 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

its too hard to accept the fact tat parents are getting older n older as we are all growing up=(so,i choose to live in denial sometimes.but i think its time to wake up n tell parents how much u love them.gv them a kiss^*^ on da phone although it might gv them a heart attack:P

 
At 24/8/06 11:40 PM , Blogger Sher Mayne said...

woww..very touching post...
some wise words there as well...

" cherish them, treat them well, get to know them better and tell them how much you appreciate and love them."

hmmnn.. i shld take that into account and follow it! thanks wise one!!

 
At 25/8/06 1:27 AM , Blogger Jasemaine said...

Sigh.. life eh?

I love my parents.. but I really don't know how to show them that I love them.. cuz sometimes we just don't click.. but I guess I have to do my part..

Hmmm...

 
At 29/8/06 12:41 PM , Blogger Ying Swan said...

Yeah death is a hard thing to accept. Especially love ones. It hits u real hard.

Last year my friend’s brother passed away in an accident. I don't know him nor met him b4 in my life. Went to the funeral to show some support, end up crying my eyes out the whole nite. I guess it affects you a whole lot too even tho it didn’t happen to us personally. My friend regretted a lot for not being there for him which hit me. B4 dat I treated my bro like a nobody but since then Ive been trying to be closer to my bro, although I’m still working on it, at least I’m trying. I can’t imagine losing my brother or my family n friends.

Its never too late to love someone but its always too late when u dun try or do it. Dats wat I learned.

Juz tot I share this wif u… =0)

 
At 29/8/06 1:56 PM , Blogger Darren said...

u are absolutely right..ying swan..

it is not easy but at least u try lor ...

thanks for the story, hope i dont bring up sad memories..

i am not debating to myself too..my parents arent that young anymore..i mean not to say anything but u know ..it is just life..i should maybe return home..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home